Learn about the Rock from the Heart Mission and find links to aortic disease resources and information HERE.
SAVE THE DATES!!!
Watch this space for details on the upcoming 2022 events in Fargo, ND and Minneapolis, MN.
Have you visited our YouTube channel? Click here to view replays from past symposiums, concert clips, and music videos.
Rock from the Heart in the news
Visit this page to see what we have been up to.
After a diagnosis of aortic valve disease and an aortic aneurysm, Pete and Amy Johnson learned firsthand the lack of information and resources available.
Pete and and decided that once he recovered, they would find a way to help others. When Pete’s condition was discovered, he had no symptoms. He felt fine.
They founded Rock from the Heart to raise awareness and lessen fears about aortic conditions.
Rock from the Heart hosts an annual patient education symposium, dinner, VIP party and concert. Through concerts and education events, Rock from the Heart uses music to inspire and provide hope to people affected by aortic disease.
"Knowledge is power when it comes to your health, and aortic conditions are not exception. We want to share the details of our journey so people aren't left searching for answers." --Pete and Amy Johnson, Rock from the Heart founders
Pete and Amy Johnson
Rock from the Heart Founders
Rock from the Heart’s mission is to support families from diagnosis to recovery by connecting them with resources and information that is often hard to find. Through concerts and education events, Rock from the Heart uses music to inspire and provide hope to people affected by aortic disease.
· Up to 47,000 people die each year from all types of aortic disease, often undetected, making aortic disease a silent killer.
· Thoracic aortic aneurysms affect approximately 15,000 people in the United States each year.
· Because aortic disease is rare, there is limited information available to those at risk and to those diagnosed with the condition.
Knowledge is powerful when it comes to your health.
· Rock from the Heart supports families from diagnosis to recovery by connecting them with resources and information that is often hard to find.
· When families know the basics surrounding aortic disease, they will know how to be the best possible advocate for themselves when it comes to making medical decisions.
Awareness is key to survival. Rock from the Heart events help bring the condition to the forefront.
Through concerts and education events, Rock from the Heart uses music to inspire and provide hope to people affected by aortic disease.
Rock from the Heart is focused on developing resources designed to educate the public on methods for diagnosis, treatment and management of aortic disease and by advocating for early detection, meaningful support, and timely access to appropriate treatment for all people affected.
· Communicating new information on aortic disease to the public
· Raising awareness of the symptoms and severity of aortic disease within at-risk and underserved populations so that it is no longer THE silent killer
· Reducing the toll of aortic disease by addressing barriers to diagnosis, treatment, and follow up care
· Providing a voice for aortic disease patients to improve access to appropriate diagnosis and treatment, improving quality of life and overall outcomes
As many as 11 million Americans have heart valve disease (HVD)—a potentially disabling and deadly disease—yet 3 out of 4 Americans know little to nothing about HVD.
Join the movement to raise awareness about heart valve disease and protect patient lives.
Learn more about the campaign HERE
Aortic Disease Awareness Day is September 19. It is a focused effort by physicians, researchers, patients, family members, and many organizations to raise awareness about aortic disease around the world. It is a day to create community for people who care about aortic disease, celebrate survivors, and share information that can be life-saving for people who are at risk.
Learn more HERE
Aortic Hope is a community of Aortic Disease patients, survivors, and caregivers. We Spread Hope, Create Awareness and Provide Support to patients, survivors, and caregivers during the recovery and management of aortic disease.
The Think Aorta US campaign is committed to saving lives. Our goal is to provide education and awareness to increase timely and correct identification and diagnosis of aortic disease